HGA Presents at the 2017 ASHE ANNUAL Conference and Technical exhibition
The American Society for Healthcare Engineering's (ASHE) Annual Conference explores vital information on health care compliance, codes and standards updates, and emerging trends. Join HGA during the following presentation at the 2017 conference in Indianapolis.
MASTER PLANNING THE ENTIRE BUILDING—AN INTEGRATED ARCHITECTURAL and ENGINEERING APPROACH
Wednesday, August 9 at 11:20 a.m.
- Krista Biason, PE, Associate Vice President
- Dennis Vonasek, AIA, NCARB, ACHA, CID, Vice President
- Jeff Harris, PE, LEED AP, Director of Mechanical Engineering
A master plan cannot thrive on architecture alone. A complete facility planning effort cannot consist of only programmed architectural spaces, and the building cannot function without engineering systems. Through case studies, the engineering and architectural team shows how integrating engineering efforts into a master plan effort will result in a better utilized space and design. Attendees will leave armed with a process checklist and tools to understand and explain the importance of including engineering in a master plan design effort.
- Determine options for engineering systems to complement architectural program needs
- Evaluate facility needs for new, modified, or upgraded engineering systems and planning
- Identify opportunities to incorporate engineering master planning efforts
- Engage all stake holders of a facility to actively participate in master planning